A robust antivirus solution is no longer just a luxury for medium to large businesses, but a necessity. But how do you choose the best antivirus software for your medium to large business?
Let’s discuss the key considerations and features to look out for, and look at the best medium to large business antivirus software for your needs.
On This Page:
- Top 5 Best Antivirus Software for Medium and Large Businesses
- Key Considerations for Medium and Large Business Antivirus
- Comprehensive Endpoint Security Features
- Cloud-Based Antivirus Solutions
- Practical Threat Detection and Response Technologies
- Integration with Existing Security Tools
- Scalability Without Complexity
- Cross-Platform Compatibility
- Cost-Effective Pricing Plans
- User-Friendly Management and Monitoring
- Data Privacy and Compliance
- Reliable Support
- Secure Remote Work & VPN Solutions
- Balanced Security Approach
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the typical budget for antivirus solutions for medium to large businesses?
- What are the must-have features for antivirus solutions catering to medium to large businesses?
- Is cloud-based antivirus a good fit for medium to large businesses?
- What should I look for in terms of data privacy and compliance?
- How can I ensure secure remote work for my team?
- What does a balanced security approach mean for medium to large businesses?
Top 5 Best Antivirus Software for Medium and Large Businesses
Please note that, unlike most other websites, we have not been paid or incentivized, nor do we receive a commission for any purchases through these links. All recommendations below are 100% unbiased and based on our honest testing and research.
The top 5 best business antivirus software solutions for medium and large businesses are:
- Bitdefender GravityZone
- CrowdStrike Falcon
- Sophos Intercept X
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
These solutions offer comprehensive protection and a range of advanced features that cater to the specific needs of medium and large organizations.
Let’s look at each of these solutions and their unique offerings.
Bitdefender GravityZone: Comprehensive Security for All Sizes
Bitdefender GravityZone’s comprehensive security features make it suitable for businesses of all sizes. With cutting-edge server and premium data protection, Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security offers antivirus protection against all types of malicious software, such as trojans, spyware, malware, and viruses. Its business antivirus solution combines cloud-based technology, traditional signature-based malware scanning, and machine learning technology to provide advanced threat detection capabilities.
Bitdefender GravityZone offers a comprehensive on-premise/cloud security software solution. It provides unified endpoint protection, advanced analytics, and threat intelligence. Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security delivers a cost-effective option for businesses looking for comprehensive protection.
The sandbox analyzer feature allows IT administrators to perform extensive testing, ensuring that threats are detected and dealt with promptly. Its remote installation capabilities make it a time-saving solution for business owners, as the GravityZone platform can be installed on all computers remotely.
While Bitdefender GravityZone offers comprehensive security features suitable for businesses of all sizes, its cost-effectiveness makes it a standout choice for medium-sized businesses. The software combines cloud-based technology and machine learning for advanced threat detection, offering a budget-friendly yet robust solution. Thanks to its features and flexibility, Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security is also our top pick for the best antivirus software for small businesses.
CrowdStrike Falcon: Enterprise-Level Protection
CrowdStrike Falcon is a cloud-based solution that leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to provide real-time detection and response to potential attacks. Its features include:
- Comprehensive Security: Provides antivirus protection against malicious software like trojans, spyware, malware, and viruses.
- Cloud-Based Technology: Combines cloud-based technology, traditional signature-based malware scanning, and machine learning for advanced threat detection.
- Unified Endpoint Protection: Offers a comprehensive on-premise/cloud security software solution.
- Sandbox Analyzer: Allows IT administrators to perform extensive testing for threat detection.
- Remote Installation: Enables remote installation capabilities, saving time for business owners.
CrowdStrike Falcon’s advanced endpoint detection and response (EDR) capabilities protect your business from emerging threats. It delivers robust protection for large enterprises without compromising on performance or convenience.
- Go: Starts at $299.95 (annual)
- Falcon Pro: $499.95 (minimum of 5 devices)
- Falcon Enterprise: $924.95
- Elite: Contact sales for pricing
- Next-gen antivirus
- Device control
- Integrated threat intelligence
- Firewall management
- Endpoint detection and response (in higher tiers)
- Threat hunting (in higher tiers)
- IT Hygiene (in higher tiers)
- Identity protection (in higher tiers)
CrowdStrike Falcon‘s cloud-based solution is powerful but can be pricey. For medium-sized businesses, consider their ‘Go’ package, which starts at $299.95. It offers essential features like next-gen antivirus and device control, providing a balance between cost and functionality.
Sophos Intercept X: Endpoint Protection
Sophos Intercept X stands out as a highly accessible and potent antivirus solution, particularly well-suited for medium-sized businesses. Its intuitive interface ensures that even businesses without a specialized IT team can easily manage their cybersecurity needs.
The software employs advanced deep learning technology to identify and counteract new and evolving threats, providing a level of protection often found in more expensive solutions. Sophos Intercept X also offers flexible deployment options, including on-premise, cloud-based, and hybrid solutions, making it adaptable to various IT environments.
- Deep Learning Technology: Identifies new and unknown threats.
- Exploit Prevention: Protects against known vulnerabilities.
- Ransomware Protection: Includes a dedicated feature to counteract ransomware attacks.
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Available in higher-tier plans for more comprehensive security.
- User-Friendly Interface: Easy to navigate, reducing the learning curve.
- Intercept X Essential: Starts at $20 per user/year
- Intercept X Advanced: Starts at $40 per user/year
- Intercept X Advanced with EDR: Starts at $60 per user/year
Sophos Intercept X offers a balanced mix of essential and advanced features without overwhelming the user, making it an excellent choice for medium-sized businesses. Its scalable pricing options and user-friendly interface mean that you can start with the basics and add more advanced features as your business and security needs grow.
Kaspersky: Scalable Solutions for 250+ Employees
Kaspersky is a renowned name in the antivirus industry, providing scalable solutions for businesses with 250+ employees. Its Endpoint Security for Business offers comprehensive protection, including traditional signature-based malware scanning and sophisticated machine-learning algorithms to detect and eliminate threats before they can impact your systems.
For businesses requiring advanced protection from ransomware and DDoS attacks, Kaspersky offers premium business antivirus plans with more advanced tools for medium-to-large companies. Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud is a cost-effective option for businesses seeking robust endpoint protection and advanced threat detection capabilities.
Finally, their Enterprise Security software is second to none for businesses with over 1000 employees.
Kaspersky’s pricing isn’t listed on their website, so you’ll have to contact their sales team once you decide which options are best for your business.
- Real-Time Protection: Guards against malware, viruses, and other threats in real-time.
- Firewall & Network Attack Blocker: Provides an extra layer of security against network attacks.
- Ransomware Protection: Specialized features to protect against ransomware attacks.
- Mobile Device Management: Allows for the secure management of Android and iOS devices.
- Web Control & URL Filtering: Blocks access to malicious or inappropriate websites.
- Easy-to-Use Cloud Console: Manage security from anywhere with an intuitive cloud-based interface.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Advanced: Starts at around $60 per user/year (minimum 10 users)
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud: Starts at $300 per year for 10 devices
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud Plus: Starts at $485 per year for 10 devices
Kaspersky is known for its scalable solutions, but for medium-sized businesses, the ‘Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud‘ offers a cost-effective yet robust option. It provides comprehensive protection and advanced threat detection without requiring a large investment.
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Integrated Endpoint Security
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint offers comprehensive antivirus protection within the Microsoft ecosystem. It provides an additional layer of security for businesses, ensuring that devices, servers, and cloud workloads are protected from emerging threats. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint tackles attacks, including ransomware protection, with preventive, detection, investigation, response, and management capabilities.
Available with Microsoft 365 enterprise plans, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint offers:
- Preventative Protection: Offers preventative measures to stop attacks.
- Post-Breach Detection: Provides detection capabilities after a breach has occurred.
- Automated Investigation & Response: Automates investigating and responding to threats.
- Multiplatform Enterprise Security: Secures endpoint devices across various operating systems and network devices.
- Integration with Microsoft Ecosystem: Seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft security products and services.
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is a comprehensive solution that integrates well within the Microsoft ecosystem. For medium-sized businesses, its scalability allows you to choose only the features you need, making it a cost-effective choice if you’re already invested in Microsoft’s suite of products.
Key Considerations for Medium and Large Business Antivirus
When selecting a robust antivirus software for your medium to large business, there are several important criteria to consider, including:
- Endpoint protection features
- Cloud-based solutions
- Advanced threat detection
- Integration with other security tools
- Cross-platform compatibility
- User-friendly management
- Data privacy
- Global support
- Secure remote access
- A multi-layered security approach
Let’s explore these factors in more detail.
Comprehensive Endpoint Security Features
For medium to large businesses, endpoint security is more than just a checkbox; it’s a necessity. However, the focus should be on solutions that offer a balance between advanced features and ease of use. Look for real-time scanning, malware protection, and advanced heuristics that can adapt to evolving threats.
These features should be robust enough to handle sophisticated attacks but simple enough to be managed by smaller IT teams or even business owners.
Cloud-Based Antivirus Solutions
Cloud-based antivirus solutions offer many advantages, such as centralized management and real-time updates. However, for medium to large businesses, the cost can be a significant factor.
Look for cloud-based solutions that offer not just scalability but also budget-friendly options. The goal is to benefit from the latest threat intelligence without incurring high costs associated with enterprise-level solutions.
Practical Threat Detection and Response Technologies
Advanced threat detection is essential for any business size, but for medium to large businesses, it should be practical and actionable. Features like real-time scanning, email protection, and mobile device support can help businesses proactively identify and mitigate threats.
These features should be designed to work in real-time and provide actionable insights so that even businesses without a dedicated security team can respond effectively.
Integration with Existing Security Tools
You’re likely already using a range of software tools for various business operations. Your antivirus solution should integrate seamlessly with these existing systems. This saves time and reduces the complexity of managing multiple standalone solutions.
Choosing an antivirus solution that integrates seamlessly with other security tools can create a more robust and secure environment for your business, reducing the risk of data breaches and cyber-attacks.
Scalability Without Complexity
Your business is growing, and your antivirus solution should grow with it. But that shouldn’t mean a more complex system. Look for solutions that offer scalability without added complexity, allowing you to add or remove features as your business needs change.
This ensures that your security solution remains effective and efficient, regardless of the size or complexity of your business.
In today’s diverse business environment, it’s common for medium to large businesses to operate in mixed-device and mixed-OS settings.
The antivirus solution should be versatile enough to support multiple operating systems, from Windows and macOS to Linux, without compromising on security features.
Cost-Effective Pricing Plans
While enterprises may have budgets that allow for extensive security measures, medium to large businesses often operate under tighter financial constraints. Look for antivirus solutions that offer scalable pricing options, allowing you to pay for only the features you need. This approach ensures that you get maximum value without unnecessary expenditure.
User-Friendly Management and Monitoring
Ease of use is often overlooked but is crucial for medium to large businesses that may not have a dedicated IT security team. An intuitive management console can make all the difference. Look for solutions that offer easy setup, straightforward monitoring, and simple reporting features, making it easier for smaller teams to manage their security effectively.
This will make it easier for you to monitor threats, update policies, and generate reports.
Data Privacy and Compliance
Data privacy and compliance are critical for all businesses, but medium to large businesses may not have the resources for dedicated compliance teams.
With strict regulatory requirements surrounding data security, such as GDPR and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), it’s essential to ensure that your organization implements reasonable measures for data protection.
Look for antivirus solutions that come with built-in compliance management features, making it easier to meet industry standards and regulations without requiring specialized knowledge.
Good customer support is essential for businesses of all sizes. For medium to large businesses, look for antivirus solutions that offer multiple channels of support, including chat support, FAQs, and community forums.
These options can be more accessible and quicker for smaller teams to get the help they need.
Secure Remote Work & VPN Solutions
The COVID-19 pandemic has made remote work more prevalent than ever, making secure VPN and remote access features or integrations essential for medium to large businesses.
These features should be easy to set up and manage, ensuring that employees can work securely from any location.
Balanced Security Approach
While a multi-layered approach to security is essential, it should not make the system overly complicated. Medium to large businesses need robust protection that is also manageable.
Look for antivirus solutions that offer a balanced approach, providing strong security measures that can be easily managed by smaller teams.
In today’s cybersecurity landscape, medium to large businesses need antivirus solutions that offer both robust security and cost-effectiveness. This guide has aimed to simplify that decision-making process, providing key insights to help you choose wisely.
As a business owner or key decision-maker, your choice in antivirus should meet current needs and adapt as your business grows. By focusing on practical features and cost-effective plans, you’re investing in long-term success and peace of mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the typical budget for antivirus solutions for medium to large businesses?
The cost can vary widely depending on the features you need, but generally, you can expect to spend anywhere from $20 to $60 per user/year. Some solutions offer volume discounts, making it more cost-effective for larger teams.
What are the must-have features for antivirus solutions catering to medium to large businesses?
Look for real-time scanning, malware protection, and advanced threat detection as the basics. Additional features like email protection, mobile device support, and user-friendly management consoles are also highly beneficial.
Is cloud-based antivirus a good fit for medium to large businesses?
Cloud-based solutions are often a good fit because they offer centralized management and real-time updates. However, it’s essential to consider the cost and ensure the solution fits within your budget.
What should I look for in terms of data privacy and compliance?
Choose a solution that offers built-in compliance management features. This will help you meet industry regulations more easily and could save you from potential legal issues down the line.
How can I ensure secure remote work for my team?
Look for solutions that offer VPN and secure remote access features or integration. This ensures that your team can work securely from any location, which is increasingly important in today’s remote work environment.
What does a balanced security approach mean for medium to large businesses?
A balanced approach means choosing a solution that offers robust security features but is also easy to manage. This ensures that you’re not sacrificing usability for security, or vice versa.