FBI Special Agent (Ret.)
John Iannarelli was an FBI Special Agent for more than 20 years, during which time he served as the FBI’s National Spokesperson, was a member of FBI Cyber Division Executive staff, on the FBI SWAT team, and was an Assistant Special Agent in Charge overseeing all Criminal, Cyber, and Counter Intelligence Investigations.
John participated in many extensive investigations, including:
During his FBI tenure, John was the recipient of the FBI Director’s Distinguished Service Award, for which he was selected from the ranks of the Bureau’s 35,000 employees. John is also the recipient of an Honorary Doctor of Computer Science in recognition of his contributions to the field of cyber investigations.
A former San Diego Police Officer and a graduate of the University of San Diego School of Law, to include international studies at Oxford, England, John is an attorney admitted to the practice of law in California, Maryland and Washington, DC.
- Disorderly Conduct – Humorous stories from life inside the FBI.
- How to Spot A Terrorist Before It’s Too Late – Help everyday persons recognize and prevent mass shootings and terrorism before they occur
- Information Governance Security – How businesses can protect their important information from loss or compromise
- Why Teens Fail and What to Fix – A parents’ guide to protecting their children from Internet predators and other dangers
- The Eighty Thieves – the non-fiction story of the first American P.O.W.s of World War II in Japan
A frequent on-air law enforcement contributor for the national news media, John is an NSA Certified Speaking Professional (CSP®) who presents on safety and security topics in both the cyber and physical worlds. He shares his extensive experience through intriguing story telling along with his unique sense of humor, ensuring audiences are both informed and entertained. John has presented to Fortune 500 companies, domestic and international audiences, the United Nations, and even at the Vatican where he met personally with Pope Francis, sharing his insights and recommendations.